JOB OPENING: Executive Office Administrative Assistant - Davis, CA
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED TO NEW APPLICANTS.
The Holman Family Management Corporation is hiring an Executive Office Administrative Assistant.
You will work from a shared office in Westlake Plaza. Westlake Plaza is on the corner of Lake and Arlington in West Davis and is easily accessible by bus, car, and bicycle. Your office will be down the hall from the CEO's in an executive office suite environment. You will primarily work by yourself, but will work with various other people as needed.
Each Monday through Friday (except for company holidays), you will work two hours per day. These two hours will be regular, but can be negotiated. During this time you will be assiting in a variety of tasks including: providing limited technical support (both hardware and software); placing calls to prospective customers; conducting research projects; running business errands; preparing memos; filing; scheduling; responding to emails; and more. Personal communication is limited during your work time to serious emergencies only.
Hours may increase over time.
Compensation for this position will be at a negotiated hourly rate. Benefits are not included.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Fluent business English.
- Demonstrated ability to follow directions.
- Knowledge of computers (esp. MS Windows and MS Office).
- Demonstrated trustworthiness and reliability.
- Discretion (job involves handling confidential information).
- Demonstrated maturity and self-confidence.
- Good judgment.
- Respectful demeanor.
- Reliable transportation.
The planned start date is Monday, February 12, 2013.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED TO NEW APPLICANTS.To apply, you must:
1) Prepare a single PDF document and email it as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org. The PDF must contain, in this order and appropriately bookmarked, the following:
- a cover letter (with your signature that is not generated by a script font) that explains (a) why you are qualified for this position, (b) how this position will help you, (c) when you are willing to start, and (d) how much per hour you desire to be paid (you must state an hourly dollar amount and not leave it open to further discussion).
- a resume clearly demonstrating your qualifications.
- a writing sample demonstrating your ability to write well in a business setting.
- a letter of reference from a previous employer recommending you for this position; the letter must be addressed to Mark Holman, CEO (in other words, it must be written specifically for this position).
When received by us, the PDF must print appropriately without font errors or formatting errors and must be under 2MB in size.
The subject line of the email should be exactly, without the quotation marks: "Executive Office Administrative Assistant Job Application". The body of the email should be written in a professional and business-like tone and indicate what is attached.
2) Call (530) 750-7630 ext 720 and leave a voice mail message no longer than 60 seconds that responds to the question (which will be asked again in the message), "Why do you want to be hired for this position?"
3) Be available for a one-hour group interview in West Davis at 6:00 a.m. on Tuesday, February 5, 2013.
There are no open positions at this time.
Open requests for proposal (RFPs)...
There are no open RFPs at this time.